Monday, October 25, 2010

Workshop 3 - Model It

The final workshop I attended was Model It! In this workshop we completed numerous tasks teaching us to model in different styles, producing a range of models by the end of the workshop.
Task 1 - Sketch Models






Task 2 - Church of Light by Tadao Ando

For this model, I tried to concentrate on accuracy. Since it was a presentation model, I tried to perfect the joints as much as possible.













Task 3 - Process Models





Task 4 - Site Models

For the site model I experimented with two different modelling styles/methods. One was by layering the contours and the other was to produce a smooth surface. I think that both styles are useful in their own right. While one style portrays the site like a survey, the other is an accurate real-life representation of the site. I also airbrushed the model in an earth and deep green colour, to accentuate the ground cover.







Task 5 - Fisher House by Louis Kahn

With the Fisher House model I concentrated on expressing the true texture and materiality of the facade of the house. I did that with the stone walls by coating boxboard with sand, and with the exterior cladding by scoring vertical lines into balsa wood.









1 comment:

  1. wt material have u used 2 show contour?..n wt material 4 the rest of the models?....they have turned out pretty well...

    ReplyDelete